We are excited to announce, that our Crypto Suite Beta is going live later today. You will be able to buy, sell, exchange crypto in our app via the new non-custodial FortKnoxster wallet. Also you can send and receive crypto direct in the chat.
We have worked hard on this release the last many months, and now its is finally ready to be beta-tested by our great community. Needless to say we have performed a lot of testing in-house and with 3. parties, but in order to do a “real” test, we need critical mass, feedback and input of 1000s of users.
A few things to note:
Account Security First:
Please make sure that you have activated your account recovery feature! FortKnoxster does not have your password, so if you forget it, and have not activated the account recovery feature, you are not able to access your account! To read more about activation please click here.
When you activate your non-custodial wallet in the app, you will get 24 unique wallet recovery words. Write down those words and always store them in a safe place. With these words, you can re-create your wallet. We do not have these 24 words, so its all on you if you cannot find them or loose them!
This is a beta-release / soft-launch
Will the first beta-releases be bug free? No. In all beta releases there will be bugs and room for improvement, that is the whole point of releasing a beta-version, to get feedback from the community and help testing the app. Crypto Suite is extremely complex multi/device app and is depended on a ton of external “unknowns”, ie. the blockchain, multiple servers, Internet, Wi/Fi and mobile connections, 3. Parties etc. We will the next months ahead “fine-tune” the app with corrections and suggestions from the users, and we are looking very much forward to your constructive feedback. Users can report a bug or issue directly using this link: Report a bug.
3. Party integrations
We integrate with two great partners, Coinify and Changelly. Coinify handles fiat-to-crypto (and reverse), while Changelly handle crypt-to-crypto swapping. These two companies are great and this constellation is also used ie. by the company Ledger, the worlds biggest hardware wallet provider. As these are 3. party service providers, there might be times, where a bug or issue is present, and the issue is with a 3. party service provider.
Features in this first Crypto Suite beta-release:
- Multi-cryptocurrency non-custodial built-in wallet in iOS, Android & web
- Supported Blockchains: Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Bitcoin
- Cryptocurrencies: ETH, BNB, BTC, and thousands of ERC20/BEP20 tokens, including FKX, USDT, USDC and many others (around 6K)
- Fiat to crypto (BTC, ETH, USDT, USDC and many more) with credit card and bank transfer
- Crypto to fiat — sell your BTC and receive USD, EUR, GBP and many other Fiat currencies straight to your bank account
- PIN/Biometric security protection for app lock & extra confirmation when using the wallet
- Transfer/request/pay crypto to/from your contacts directly in encrypted chat
- Transfer/receive crypto to/from outside FK using QR scan/QR code
- Complete wallet in the FortKnoxster desktop web app.
- Integrated crypto-to-crypto exchange feature in all platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
What is coming next?
Once Crypto Suite is stable, we will proceed to enhance the app and brand further, with the following features:
- Upgrade to PRO
- NFTs in app
- Website re-design
- General FortKnoxster brand and image update
- Enhanced user experience when using the app
- More minor features in app (ie. send your location etc.)
- And much more…
At this point, we cannot estimate when the above coming features will be live, as it depends on several factors, but as usual we will be working hard to make it happen as soon as possible…
As usual, thanks to our great community and the support and help in making this happen. Building a one-stop crypto app is a HUGE job and we could not do it without you guys.